The seminar covers a selection of current research topics in the area of Digital Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Students learn theories, concepts, processes, tools, and methods surrounding IT-based innovation, business models, user experience, and entrepreneurship.
- Topics will be introduced and assigned in the first session.
- During the semester, students will work on their seminar paper.
- The results will be presented and discussed in the middle and at the end of the semester.
- In addition, an introduction to scientific writing is given at the beginning.
After completing the course, students are able to
- Independently prepare and interpret the most important theories, concepts, methods and results related to the field of digital innovation and entrepreneurship
- Analyze scientific literature in order to independently define relevant research problems
- Apply conceptual, quantitative, or qualitative research methods to analyze these problems
- Write and review seminar papers
- Critically reflect, present, and discuss the topic, research design, and results in the context of the seminar
- Provide appropriate feedback on complex challenges
- Develop teamwork skills through collaboration with fellow students.
- Elective area of practical or technical computer science
- Focus area
- Individual supplement
- Application subject for the supplementary area in the Master's program in Mathematics
Formal: Bachelor’s students must meet the requirements for anticipating Master’s modules. Preference will be given to Master’s students when space is allocated.
More details on the structure and course materials will be announced in due time in ILIAS.
|Date||Time||Room||Sessions & Deadlines|
|October 18, 2023||14:30 - 16:00||25.02.02.21||Seminar kickoff and assignment of topics|
|October 25, 2023||14:30 - 16:00||25.02.02.21||Designing, implementing, and presenting scientific work|
|November 15, 2023||14:30 - 16:00||25.02.02.21||Q&A session|
|November 29, 2023||14:30 - 16:00||25.02.02.21||Intermediate presentation and feedback|
|December 13, 2023||Q&A Session|
|January 17, 2024||14:30 - 18:00||25.02.02.21||Final Presentation|
|January 17, 2024||12noon||Ilias||Submission of seminar papers for peer review|
|January 24, 2024||12noon||Ilias||Submission of peer review|
|January 31, 2024||12noon||Ilias||Final submission of seminar papers|